Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
santigo, let the music fade away
pretty quick with this one. really tried to focus on getting volume right, basically only used cla 3a/ and 76 compressor plugins and a couple of other in-house plugins and mannys tone shaper for guitars.

tried to mix it in real-time, i.e not muting tracks... did it quickly as i feel like i labour too long on some mixing tracks and then i'm sick of listening to it and i lose the plot a bit

quite a big sounding track, lot going on. think it's difficult to have a nice transition between the verse and first chorus

don't know why it just cuts of at the end? is that the end of the song?

i know low-end probs way too big with the organs... but it's a start and i might have a bash at it again.

2nd one.... shaped a bit more of the tracks.. vocals too loud now though

3rd attempt- adjusted low frequencies and some other equing adjustments and it's definetly helped the track. Really struggling with getting the chorus vocals at the right volume though.

.mp3    santiagio mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.6 MB)

.mp3    santiago mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.6 MB)

.mp3    SANTIAGO FINAL MIX FINALFAINALL.mp3 --  (Download: 8.6 MB)

I listened your mixes.You have some problems.Your low frequencies are very dominant and vocal is low .Your vocal sound is honking .You cut some low frequencies.Sythesizers are too loud.It is masking the other instruments.Finally you fix your balance.Some parts of too loud and others are too low .For example synthesizer is too loud ,vocal is too low.
(20-11-2019, 02:36 PM)Mammy Wrote: I listened your mixes.You have some problems.Your low frequencies are very dominant and vocal is low .Your vocal sound is honking .You cut some low frequencies.Sythesizers are too loud.It is masking the other instruments.Finally you fix your balance.Some parts of too loud and others are too low .For example synthesizer is too loud ,vocal is too low.

Hey, listening to a lot of the tracks on here there is a lot of variation with how heavy the low end is so i think it kind of is down to personal preference. I mixed this on rubbishy apple headphones so that may have masked the prominent low end.

I'll do as you recommend and make adjustments to low end frequencies to see what they sound like

I agree with your second point though, the vocals in the chorus seem less loud than the verse

thanks!