Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finlay: 'Same Kind Of Life' kapu mix
nice mix kapu, it sound huge and loud! i have just mixed this song myself, now im surfin through other people mixes and i like yours among very few others. Although i gotta say, set your mix in mono and you'll gonna hear how squishy your vocals actually are, and also, you have a lot of stereo in low end, so my tip would be to try to mono out everything below 150-200, it really messes up the phase and overall mix .
Great mix. You've really brought out the heart and soul of that production.

Everything certainly has its place in this mix. I would question some of the recording decisions but from a mix point of view you've made it sing.

Having spent a few hours with just the piano and vocals, it was nice to refresh my palette with a big sounding holistic mix.

(Y)
(25-11-2019, 11:00 AM)vulezzz Wrote: nice mix kapu, it sound [...]

thanks for detailed advise! although, now that i got myself some real studio gear, i just can't get enough of driving stereo groups through unlinked or ms analog channels, just to decorrelate the bass when clipping. this doesnt sound nearly as nice. ^_^
(26-11-2019, 12:53 PM)AxisSounds Wrote: Great mix. You've [...]

thanks for listening! i really liked the piano and voice. ^_^
Great mix! Perhaps just cutting down the reverb on the vocal on the verse so it has a bigger distinction on the chorus.