Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Santiago: 'Let The Music Fade Away' kapu mix
added some subtle gated reverb for drums. ^_^

.mp3    Ricardo Santiago Let The Music Fade Away kapu mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Lot's of elements I like in this mix. The snare has a smudged width to it that I normally don't go for, but the effect gives extra focus and grounding to the vocal, which is very cool and clever. Love the atmospheric floaty feel that comes into play through the choruses also. A nice contrast and turn up. Toms sound a bit strange to me, but other than that I really enjoyed this one.Big Grin
(18-11-2019, 11:37 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Lot's of elements [...]

thanks! the snare widening comes from gated reveb. it's a shame the toms didnt do it for you, because those im particularly proud of. ^_^
(18-11-2019, 12:18 PM)kapu Wrote:
(18-11-2019, 11:37 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Lot's of elements [...]

thanks! the snare widening comes from gated reveb. it's a shame the toms didnt do it for you, because those im particularly proud of. ^_^

Thats always the way, you can't please everyone. Be proud, be very proud!Big Grin
(18-11-2019, 12:33 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Thats always the way, you can't please everyone. Be proud, be very proud!Big Grin

people shouldnt be ashamed of their tom sounds. tom pride! ^_^
nice mix Wink
nice mix very well done
GDP Sound
Reaper User-Mac-Apollo Twin-Yamaha NS 10MStudio-
Beyerdynamic DT990Pro.
Any collaborations are welcome.
Kind of cool. I may have opted for a bit more pre-delay on the gated verb. Surprised you did the snare and toms but not the kick. Did you put the kick in that space at all? Why no fade?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Great mix!
(18-02-2020, 06:29 PM)Dave101 Wrote: Great mix!

thanks!