Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Who I am" (SergeiK mix)
Hi all!
This is my try Smile
Any feedback is welcome

.mp3    Uncle Dad - Who I am (SergeiK mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.16 MB)

hi sergeik i think the track is to bright but the feel is nice its jast hard to hear when its to bright.
soory
Hi!

Maybe a bit less kick, you kept the snare fairly unprocessed. Nice! Smile

The cymbals have a swishy effect almost to the point where it sounds like a phase issue, might wanna look into that too.

The lyrics might benefit from some compression and low-cut but be careful.. Smile

Cheers
/J
(02-09-2012, 01:00 PM)SergeiK Wrote: Hi all!
This is my try Smile
Any feedback is welcome

A reasonably solid mix overall, but I feel there are some issues.

I couldn't help but notice that the cymbals seem "uneven," the sound kind of "warbling," as if the sound of other instruments is interfering. I suspect this may be due to improper use of compression; in a song like this, compression use should be minimized as much as possible IMHO, and there should be, I think, NO compression in the mastering stage.

The drums sound a bit flat and muffled, as if they were recorded through a big down comforter. Did you apply some kind of compression and/or EQ to them? From what I remember of the original mix notes, the drums already had some compression applied so if you used compression on them that might be part of the problem.

Dobro sounds a little low; I'd bring that up a good 3-5 dB.

And why does everyone want to bury that poor, beautiful backing vocal (seems to be a common problem with this song)? Your lead vocal level is good, but bring that backing vocal up a bit. Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince