Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E J Rios: 'Echo (feat. Analise Rios)'
This is my alternative version, I did not try to make it look like the original song. Although I say everything sounds good. I went according to a more traditional principle and did everything as natural as possible. Did I manage to do this? You decide.
For my comparison, I used Ariana Grande, Social House - Boyfriend. As well as her other songs.
In terms of processing, everything is simple here.

Analog:
Neve VR Series Analog Mixer.
Lexicon 480.

Digital:
Cubase
EQ- API 550 A, B
Wave r bass
CLA 3A, 1176
SofTube Transient Shaper
H-delay
Oxford reverb
Sound toys
FabFilter Saturn
Wave deesser

.mp3    EJRios_Echo Full Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

I like it is just the vocals need more compression and a bit more reverb... it sounds quite dry. Just personal taste I guess.
(17-11-2019, 06:55 AM)Shul Wrote: I like it is just the vocals need more compression and a bit more reverb... it sounds quite dry. Just personal taste I guess.

Thank you for taking the time to listen and write a post. I understand what you're talking about. I decided to go a little different way and as a late reflection I used h-delay. With regard to compression, I agree with you, made the vocals more matte and smooth. Unfortunately, I had time to upgrade the version earlier. But now she can be heard.
Have a nice listening!
Hey Jungle, i like this mix, cool Smile Maybe a bit 2 ringy in the highs around 3-4k, might just be my headphones, but good mix Smile
(18-11-2019, 09:59 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Jungle, i like this mix, cool Smile Maybe a bit 2 ringy in the highs around 3-4k, might just be my headphones, but good mix Smile

Thank you, it's nice that you liked my mix. I have little experience in this genre. however, this project showed that working in this style is very interesting and at the same time difficult. With regards to vocals, it is very strange recorded. and the hardest part was putting it in a mix. I will please you with quality music as often as possible!
Ah a Neve VR. A solid console for this type of music...

Sounds good. I'll agree with crownoise. The upper mids are a bit much at times. Especially the chorus vocals. They're a little piercing.