Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Santiago: 'Let The Music Fade Away'
I was going to go for a more aggressive approach, but it's turned out rather smooth sounding. I decided to let the percussive elements within the track drive this one along. I really like the part the bass plays, so I've given it some added space to shine also. Cool guitar parts, pity about the printed reverb but love that tremolo.
Anyways, great song. Thanks for listening. Comments welcome.

Update 12/11/19 Mix #2 Added. Adjustments based on RoyMatthews comments. My upper frequency perception's not so good at the moment so hopefully I haven't over done it.Undecided

.mp3    RicardoSantiago_LetTheMusicFadeAway_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

.mp3    RicardoSantiago_LetTheMusicFadeAway_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.83 MB)

I like it. The guitar that hits on the 2 and 4 feels a bit loud. Maybe the mix overall could be a hair brighter? The track feels 'thick' and I think a hair of a little more brightness could open it up. Like that bit of acid that balances out a heavy meal. Or I could just be getting old and/or hungry. Good job.
Thanks Roy,
Right you are! Listening at work, a little treble boost was in order. I'll see if I can tame that guitar part also without it disappearing to the snare.
CheersBig Grin

Hi Dave version 2 is alot better,more warmer than version 1 feels good to me so nice one.
Reaper user
(12-11-2019, 06:34 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave version 2 is alot better,more warmer than version 1 feels good to me so nice one.

Thank you Sir.
hi! maybe they could indeed a bit brighter? but the later mix sound very good! great work. ^_^
(18-11-2019, 02:20 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! maybe they could indeed a bit brighter? but the later mix sound very good! great work. ^_^

Thanks kapu
nice mix Wink
Thank you Sir Big Grin