Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Post - Please be kind
I've gone for a slightly different approach to most. It still needs work on the production side of things, but I think the mix is hitting the sound I am going for generally. Once its properly automated, I think it might sound ok.

Wazza

.mp3    Magilla - Rough v1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

I will not be kind....

It's ok. It's pretty harsh. There's a lot of hubris in the mix. But I appreciate that. Always mix with emotion and you did. But we live in a world of wax wings.

Overall it's a bit much. But I appreciate what you tried. You just went to far and that's mixing. It's harsh and bright and you need to figure out how to tame that while still saying what you want to say and there's no shortcut to that.

I'm betting that doesn't help?
It sounds like distorting the clean guitars in the beginning clashes with the sax tone. The reverbs/delay sounds could be tucked into the mix more, right now things have so much space to them that the song loses the impact it could have and everything is being washed over in the effects.

Sax sounds good though, and at least you kept that in the mix. =p
Hey,
Sounds like an experiment Smile Drums sounds good but a bit thin in midrange, the balance in general is okey. Nice sound of sax. Definitelly you would have to rework FX in my opinion. Anyway still good job.