Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You and me -Human Radio
Mucked this one up... ran the guitars thru an amp plug, think a bit too harsh for my liking but it is what it is...
Still getting used to Logic Pro, found a few bugs that messed with my mix and I don't have time to re-do it. Have about 8 hours into it, so I'll post anyway.

Here's something completely different.. wanted lots of distortion and real tape emulation so I ran it out to my old Fostex 4 track (dolby of course and a 15 year old TDK metal tape) if that isn't enough fun I added a few snips of sound effects to live'n the party up. Wow. man I'm so bored...

(all effects Royalty free)

.mp3    You and Me-and the Radio.mp3 --  (Download: 11.97 MB)

.mp3    YOU and ME- Special Edition.mp3 --  (Download: 11.65 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Logic takes a long time to get used to....
Overall, if I'm honest, it feels off. I know you put 8 hours into it but I think you could start fresh and get something more solid.
Never fight a mix. If it feels like you have to do a lot to get something to work on well recorded tracks, start over.
I get it, you have to print it to get some perspective and that's what this place is for. So, good job on simply doing that. I'd say though the best option isn't building on this but starting over.

hope that helps.
(07-11-2019, 07:33 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Logic takes a long time to get used to....
Overall, if I'm honest, it feels off. I know you put 8 hours into it but I think you could start fresh and get something more solid.
Never fight a mix. If it feels like you have to do a lot to get something to work on well recorded tracks, start over.
I get it, you have to print it to get some perspective and that's what this place is for. So, good job on simply doing that. I'd say though the best option isn't building on this but starting over.

hope that helps.

Thanks for your Brutal honesty (he he) seems a fresh start is definitely the right fix! Maybe it's a Logic bug when I went to make my 8 buses, all my plugs from the tracks disappeared along with all automation. I know I have the "include effects" box checked, so I'm not sure what gives... maybe time to hit the Tube for some LX tutorials, anyway lesson learned. Cheers!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
It's all part of the process. I'm not sure what the issue might be. I'm still on Logic 9 and haven't had any problems like that but it might be a Logic X issue. And I use a lot of busses. A lot.