Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E J Rios - Echo (feat. Analise Rios)
(22-11-2019, 04:19 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Hey, i'll offer my two pence if it is worth anything!

I personally would like to hear some more reverb or delay on the main vocals, as you said yourself it plays such a major role. Don't get me wrong, the vocals sound very nice and warm but I think just some audible reverb or something might help. Having said that though it might lose that intimacy you are going for. Maybe just have it in the chorus? Maybe increasing the volume of the drum room mikes (high hats etc..) as well in the bridge.

I'm really not a fan of the high pitch vocal tracks recorded. You definitely have made it sound more in tune, but i think i might has some sort of effects next time to make it less obvious which is something I might try in my next version.

Hi!

Some good comments, thanks for taking the time to listen and post.

You are spot on with your thoughts. I checked the session and I did actually put reverb and delays on the vocal but they are really blended in with the vocal rather than present as such, so you can't really hear it....

I do need to work on that, so I'll be revisiting the mix and I'll see what I can come up with.

Good tip regarding the drum room mics, I'll give it a go I think.

Interesting comment regarding the vocal tuning though! I haven't actually done any tuning on them. I recall that the vocals have already been tuned somewhat already? I think I remember hearing some obvious tuning artifacts in the raw tracks anyway.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Your lead vocal seems hard panned and it is very hard.They comes from the one side loudly.Why ?
(23-11-2019, 08:54 PM)Mammy Wrote: Your lead vocal seems hard panned and it is very hard.They comes from the one side loudly.Why ?

Interesting...

Which side? You haven't mentioned whether you think it's hard panned left or right....

Thanks for listening and commenting though.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi,

I've made some changes and added version 1.2. Many thanks for all the suggestions.

I like the filter on the strings? vocal sounds spot on, nice and silky smooth,you're automation obviously pays off. I still don't like ht backing vocals and I don't think the chorus matches and goes above the verse, feels like it ducks down instead of going up. but it even sounds like that in the professional mix on youtube. Honestly i feel like there is only so much you can do if there isn't something right with the recording or the arrangement just doesn't work.

Mix is pretty good for me!

I have an updated version too if you want listen Wink
Hi!

Appreciate the feedback for version 1.2. I suspect you might be right regarding the arrangement.

I'll be sure to check out your update.

Many thanks!