Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bolz & Knecht - Summertime (bounce 1)
Quick Notes:

GuitarClsMic - Panned (de-panned) center to use as the bass. High pass and low pass filter, while boosting +7db around 100hz.

The other two guitars are panned to either side with different mid's and highs boosted.

Kind of did the same thing to the sax. One sax is center the other two are panned to opposite sides with different boosting of mid's/high mids.

Bussed the guitar tracks and the sax tracks to two separate busses and applied slight compression to both (max -3db)

Reverb on the sax bus while only adding reverb to one the of guitar tracks.

(06-11-2019, 04:15 AM)RoyConfetti Wrote: Quick Notes:

GuitarClsMic - Panned (de-panned) center to use as the bass. High pass and low pass filter, while boosting +7db around 100hz.

The other two guitars are panned to either side with different mid's and highs boosted.

Kind of did the same thing to the sax. One sax is center the other two are panned to opposite sides with different boosting of mid's/high mids.

Bussed the guitar tracks and the sax tracks to two separate busses and applied slight compression to both (max -3db)

Reverb on the sax bus while only adding reverb to one the of guitar tracks.
I Can't hear you!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Not sure why it didn't post Huh

.mp3    Practice Mix - Bolz and Knecht - Summertime (bounce 1)_1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.32 MB)

First off, cool name.
I'm not really familiar with these multitracks so I don't know what you have to work with. Going by what you posted this mix feels a bit off. It feels like it might not be all there. It's mono and I'm not hearing the tracks you say you panned. It feels like the mix is from the drummer's point of view. The sax feels distant and the drums are close. I'm guessing (and that's part of practicing mixing) that maybe when you bounced not all the tracks bounced? Maybe just those busses. So with all that said I'm hesitant to critique the mix. If you come back and say it's what you meant to upload I can give it another listen and thoughts.

Cheers.