Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Santiago: 'Let The Music Fade Away'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

Nice tune. Great quality tracks provided. Digital drums, but that's ok as we all have to use them sometimes. I tried to dirty them up a bit and make them sound a bit more natural. Sounds pretty good to me overall. I wanted this mix to be a clear and crisp mix. I used a few creative effects but only in select areas. The rest I tried to "dry up" to a certain extent since the tracks were too wet with lots of mono reverb.....found ways to minimize that aspect of those mono reverb tracks. Hope you like the mix.

Tom

.mp3    LetTheMusicFadeAway_4M.mp3 --  (Download: 9.15 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
It feels pretty good but needs something else. Like the kick. I think the bass needs something else. More weight? I don't know. I know that's not helpful. Ha. Musically I think it could be bigger in the chorus. The vocals kick things up but band feels static.

And I like mono reverb! I kinda miss it especially in the bridge. I get you were looking for clear and crisp but I think some of the overall groove gets a bit too...white?

I needs to be a bit more sexy. +3 dB on the sex knob. Or an another analogy it feels like a healthy meal but I kinda want more gravy. Turn up the send to the gravy box. Are any of these analogies helping? I just have no technical issues.

Very nice Tommy. Nicely articulated throughout and great intelligibility on the lyric.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(04-01-2020, 07:21 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nice Tommy. Nicely articulated throughout and great intelligibility on the lyric.

Thanks so much for the props. It's greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek