Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E J Rios: 'Echo (feat. Analise Rios)'
Here is version 1
Spent about 2 hours so far and Needs lot more tweeking and polishing .
I need More Practice In This Genre.
Used My Daughters Pink Cd as a guide .

EDIT- Thanks Shull and Mike for pointing out that my mix sounded weird Re uploaded another version without Nx and correction eq on the Mixdown Blush.

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Echo V1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)

.mp3    Echo V1 NX removed.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

.mp3    Echo V.1 NX removed mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

love that snap on that snare.. not sure about the vocals. they sound too boxy and unnatural
(07-11-2019, 08:50 AM)Shul Wrote: love that snap on that snare.. not sure about the vocals. they sound too boxy and unnatural
Thanks For Having a listen Shul,
I Will rethink the Vocal Processing in Version 2 .
Cheers for the Feedback Big Grin.

Hi!

This mix is sounding quite a bit off to me here I'm afraid (surely it isn't just me?). The intro 'bassy' synth sounds strangely hollow (kind of almost out of phase), and I fear the mix is far too midrangy for my tastes. There seems to be a bit too much energy between around say 500 and 4k ish? Also for this track for me surely the snare should sound more 'drum machine' than splashy snap? Curious to know which Pink CD you were referencing? Might be worth referencing some current pop tracks, there's quite a bit of low end in them too these days. Hope this is of some help. Cheers.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-11-2019, 10:51 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

This mix is sounding quite a bit off to me here I'm afraid (surely it isn't just me?). The intro 'bassy' synth sounds strangely hollow (kind of almost out of phase), and I fear the mix is far too midrangy for my tastes. There seems to be a bit too much energy between around say 500 and 4k ish? Also for this track for me surely the snare should sound more 'drum machine' than splashy snap? Curious to know which Pink CD you were referencing? Might be worth referencing some current pop tracks, there's quite a bit of low end in them too these days. Hope this is of some help. Cheers.
Hi Mike ,
I mixed this on headphones .
Your ears are fine I just opened the multi track and realized I mixed down with Waves NX with headphone eq correction on the master bus. and uploaded that version without listening back on monitors as it definitely sounds weird.Blush
I used Pinks Greatest Hits Sober as a guide
Version 2 coming soon
Cheers for the FeedbackBig Grin

You know I was a bit hesitant to post. I certainly wasn't expecting that explanation Big Grin.

I think the new version is still a little mid forward for my taste. Saying that, the snare on the Pink track (youtube) is also sounding a bit mid forward to me too today, so you are likely in the ball park if that track is your reference.

I've been liking the tones of tracks like Selena Gomez - Look At Her Now (I think that is a Manny Marroquin Mix?), especially the low end and mid range. Recent Dua Lipa tracks are really good too.

(This is a difficult mix with a lot of sounds to process, and the vocals and dynamics are quite a challenge. I felt I didn't really come close to the reference mix).

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Vocals souding way better now.. My only complain on the new version would be that bass.. It's very loud. Smile
(17-11-2019, 06:57 AM)Shul Wrote: Vocals souding way better now.. My only complain on the new version would be that bass.. It's very loud. Smile

Yeah, I think I agree with you on that too.
(16-11-2019, 05:59 PM)mikej Wrote: You know I was a bit hesitant to post. I certainly wasn't expecting that explanation Big Grin.

I think the new version is still a little mid forward for my taste. Saying that, the snare on the Pink track (youtube) is also sounding a bit mid forward to me too today, so you are likely in the ball park if that track is your reference.

I've been liking the tones of tracks like Selena Gomez - Look At Her Now (I think that is a Manny Marroquin Mix?), especially the low end and mid range. Recent Dua Lipa tracks are really good too.

(This is a difficult mix with a lot of sounds to process, and the vocals and dynamics are quite a challenge. I felt I didn't really come close to the reference mix).

Cheers!
I am Happy you weren't hesitant and did post your honest reply .
I am Finding a suitable reference to suit the recorded multi tracks a challenge.
I did a screen shot of Selena Gomez - Look At Her Now which is the White eq curve , compared to Pink Sober which is the green eq Curve.
CheersBig Grin

Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Guys I will bring the bass down in the next version.

Cheers Big Grin