Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricardo Santiago Let The Music Fade Away mix3
This is my mix.

.mp3    Ricardo Santiago Let The Music Fade Away mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.9 MB)

.mp3    Ricardo Santiago Let The Music Fade Away mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

.mp3    Ricardo Santiago Let The Music Fade Away mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.76 MB)

Reaper user
Nice vision Cudjoe, sounding great.
Listening in my studio space, I am hearing a couple of things though. There is some frequency build up around the 2.5khz mark that is making things sound a bit strident. Also, the bass is a bit inconsistent and swimmy. There sounds like there is some resonances coming and going around the 70-130hz mark. There also appears to be some of this 100hz stuff in the side channels that's not helping matters. You may find it beneficial if you high pass filter this out.
(03-11-2019, 02:10 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice vision Cudjoe, sounding great.
Listening in my studio space, I am hearing a couple of things though. There is some frequency build up around the 2.5khz mark that is making things sound a bit strident. Also, the bass is a bit inconsistent and swimmy. There sounds like there is some resonances coming and going around the 70-130hz mark. There also appears to be some of this 100hz stuff in the side channels that's not helping matters. You may find it beneficial if you high pass filter this out.
Hi Dave good to hear from you hope all is well,all the stuff you commented on are the same things i was fiddling around with after the mix was more or less done(some might say over done itBig Grin)i got rid of the stereo chorus fxs thing(what was i thinking) and a few tweeks hear and there,mix 2 uploaded.
Reaper user
Hey Mate,

It feels like a completely new pass. I like the clarity around the vocal with this one. there isn't that congestion that I was hearing in the first. The bass is better, but I'm still hearing some resonances through the choruses. Maybe a clash with one of the guitar parts. Not sure. If you listen to the sample track of this song, I like the tonal qualities of the bass part and how much space it seems to have within the mix. You might want to experiment with trying to do something similar. I found listening to the sample track on my phone, that the bass part held up really well. Perhaps some distortion on the bass may help as well as some high passing of some of the clashing instruments just enough to let it shine in a similar fashion. Lastly I guess, although I like the space around the vocal in the second pass I probably prefer the overall darker tone of the first mix. Anyway, what do you think? Nothing like fresh ears to reset ones perception. I hope this helps.

Dave
(06-11-2019, 10:08 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hey Mate,

It feels like a completely new pass. I like the clarity around the vocal with this one. there isn't that congestion that I was hearing in the first. The bass is better, but I'm still hearing some resonances through the choruses. Maybe a clash with one of the guitar parts. Not sure. If you listen to the sample track of this song, I like the tonal qualities of the bass part and how much space it seems to have within the mix. You might want to experiment with trying to do something similar. I found listening to the sample track on my phone, that the bass part held up really well. Perhaps some distortion on the bass may help as well as some high passing of some of the clashing instruments just enough to let it shine in a similar fashion. Lastly I guess, although I like the space around the vocal in the second pass I probably prefer the overall darker tone of the first mix. Anyway, what do you think? Nothing like fresh ears to reset ones perception. I hope this helps.

Dave
Cheers Dave for the time listening and giving quality feedback,iam at work at the moment but will get straight onto it later and try to seek and destroy those frequencies.
Reaper user
Mix3 uploaded.
Reaper user
I just checked out Mix 3. It feels good. I think the bass guitar could come back a bit. It's tending to dominate the image. It feels a bit strident in the chorus. Which is easy to do on this song. I know my versions are that way as well. The verse feels ok. The vocals feel like a bit of an afterthought. They're there but lacking in a way. I think that's just the nature of the vocals. They're laid back and need some spice or something.
I like the toms.