Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Access Denied AndyG Mix
Nice!

.mp3    AccesDenied_AndyG_Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

.mp3    AccesDenied_AndyG_Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.01 MB)

Hi,

Yeah! Very nice mix. Great job.

I always feel I learn a lot from listening to your mixes, especially when it comes to the drums. Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-11-2019, 10:16 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Yeah! Very nice mix. Great job.

I always feel I learn a lot from listening to your mixes, especially when it comes to the drums. Cheers!

Thank you very much Mike. Glad my mix inspires you. I feel though that the mix needs a little more air overall. I did an update.

Cheers!
(01-11-2019, 09:41 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Nice!

Guitars sounds Thin!!!
Mr. Loud
(02-11-2019, 01:56 AM)The Wizzards Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 09:41 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Nice!

Guitars sounds Thin!!!

Thanks for listening, though I'm not entirely sure what you mean...
I would use some (more) post fx automation on the master bus. The passages that are a bit louder sound overcompressed to me. But I guess it fits the genre.
Sounding pretty good mate.I bet the person that give you two stars couldn't do it.Shame there are idiots like that on here.Ignore them, just jealous
(03-11-2019, 01:43 PM)m.b.arba Wrote: I would use some (more) post fx automation on the master bus. The passages that are a bit louder sound overcompressed to me. But I guess it fits the genre.

Thank you for listening!
There is actually not that much compression going on. I think it's just the arrangement which gets very dense in the loud parts.
(03-11-2019, 03:37 PM)takka360 Wrote: Sounding pretty good mate.I bet the person that give you two stars couldn't do it.Shame there are idiots like that on here.Ignore them, just jealous

Thank you very much takka!
Your comment means so much more to me than the stars.

What bugs me with my mix was the rhythm guitars. On one hand I want the impact but they do sound harsh at 2.7 K. Cutting to much and the impact gets meaningless.

I did an update where I tried to tame this guitar frequencies especially when they chime in but get almost back when the whole band rocks. I think this is an acceptable compromise.

Cheers!
(03-11-2019, 04:11 PM)AndyGallas Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 03:37 PM)takka360 Wrote: Sounding pretty good mate.I bet the person that give you two stars couldn't do it.Shame there are idiots like that on here.Ignore them, just jealous

Thank you very much takka!
Your comment means so much more to me than the stars.

What bugs me with my mix was the rhythm guitars. On one hand I want the impact but they do sound harsh at 2.7 K. Cutting to much and the impact gets meaningless.

I did an update where I tried to tame this guitar frequencies especially when they chime in but get almost back when the whole band rocks. I think this is an acceptable compromise.

Cheers!

The gtr are just under the threshold of being 'too harsh' but that's what gives them the impact imo. I like v2 more though.
Maybe you can try to make the kick punchier/more focused in the low end.
PS: I like your mix the most (up until know).