Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ricardo Santiago: 'Let The Music Fade Away
Great tune. My mix

.mp3    Let the music fade away.mp3 --  (Download: 8.75 MB)

Feels good. I think it's a little dry but I know you hate reverb. I think the verse vocal is a little buried. It seems to open up a bit in the chorus. It's a pretty midrangy arrangement which happens to be right in the vocal range. The outro solo could come up. But overall it feels good.
I dont really hate reverb i just dont like things swimming in it as it can sound so fake .I wanted the chorus to go back in the mix a bit i think it suits when the distorted delay and verb come in. loads of it .Im pretty happy how it come out. I can hear the vox clearly word for word in the verses myself .Cheers for the feedback mate
Yeah after mixing the song and hearing the vocals I've changed my mind and I think the vocal level works.
Fine to me mate
The click on the kick and the tone of the bass are a bit distracting in your mix. The bass sounding nasally+distorted pokes it out of the mix, and the attack on the kick almost sounds like a separate note. Like those little squeaky hammers you can hit on either side. lol. Mellowing both of those out would help out a lot.
nice mix Wink
(31-10-2019, 03:51 PM)takka360 Wrote: I dont really hate reverb i just dont like things swimming in it as it can sound so fake .I wanted the chorus to go back in the mix a bit i think it suits when the distorted delay and verb come in. loads of it .Im pretty happy how it come out. I can hear the vox clearly word for word in the verses myself .Cheers for the feedback mate

Yes, but sometimes, exaggerated or heavily effected is the same as eq'd or delay or chorusing, etc. It is just another color on the palette or brush to the canvas. And natural has NOTHING to do with it often times.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Nice balanced mix.