Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flesh and Bone
Hello all,
This is my first meandering mix of this amazing song. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a musician this much, and this guy needs to be heard! I'm a bit conflicted with my vision for this one, and will probably mix it several more times, for improved results or just to live with it some more. I love the sound of the direct guitar (as well as the amped guitar), but fought with the hiss of the noise floor and the overwhelming creak of the strap on the guitar in that track. I fought to tame it a bit, and used it anyway, because the dirtiness fits in with Wesley's style (at least my perception of it), but I may try another mix with it way down or just use the amped guitar to go for cleaner. I love the accordion and there's some great moments, but it was a bit piercing, and I'm not sure I'm done with it yet; I'm still trying to get it to sit pretty. I am fighting with a problem in my PT session where a pop/jitter/skip worked it's way in, but it didn't seem to show up on the bounced version, so here's hoping I can get rid of it altogether on my next mix. Wesley's vocals are fantastic, and the intimacy and closeness are fun to work with.
Please comment and criticize, I really want to do a great job and respect the excellence and musicianship of this song. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Flesh and Bone 11-4-13.mp3 --  (Download: 7.53 MB)

Hi,

while listening to this there were some shivers running down my spine. Either it was your mix (which sounds really great) or I should turn up the heating... Wink

I have nothing to add to this.

Cheers
Artbass
Thanks Artbass!
Thanks so much for your comments, shivers are quite a compliment (for the mix, and the song/artist). That's what we aim for right? I'm hoping it wasn't heat Smile
b

(06-11-2013, 04:32 PM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

while listening to this there were some shivers running down my spine. Either it was your mix (which sounds really great) or I should turn up the heating... Wink

I have nothing to add to this.

Cheers
Artbass

I tried another take on this one. I think that I got things more where I felt them to be. I did make a few little decisions I wavered a bit on, so I'd love feedback to see if any criticism catches me having made the wrong decision. Thanks for listening! (on further reflection after a few weeks, I really think I got what I was looking for here. I could listen to this song over and over!)

.mp3    Flesh and Bone 11-7-13.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)