Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Roar'
I've had this one sitting open in the project bay for too long now. Was trying to get creative with it, but just couldn't expand on the elements provided. So I present my version as intended. The energy and raw power of this track is so cool.

Update 30-01-20 Mix#2 Added. A more forward sound overall.

.mp3    Diesel13_Roar_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

.mp3    Diesel13_Roar_Dangerous#2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)

For some reason I always like your mixes, Dave! And the selection of songs is also great! Excellent!
Alexander
Hey Dangerous,

I love the roomy quality of the kick. This song means business and your mix captures that and translates it very well.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(02-07-2020, 11:52 PM)Equilibrium Wrote: For some reason I always like your mixes, Dave! And the selection of songs is also great! Excellent!
Thanks A.  This is a good track to try and exploit the percussive power within.  I haven't been mixing anything of late.  I need to get back into it again.  There is too much fun to be had. Big Grin
(05-07-2020, 12:47 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hey Dangerous,

I love the roomy quality of the kick. This song means business and your mix captures that and translates it very well.
Thanks Octo.  I didn't see a mix of your own take of this one.  You'll have to have a go at it.  It's just a fun song to play without having to have to dig in too deep.
These mixes slipped past me but both versions are really good. Very natural.
(07-07-2020, 12:08 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:47 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hey Dangerous,

Thanks Octo.  I didn't see a mix of your own take of this one.  You'll have to have a go at it.  It's just a fun song to play without having to have to dig in too deep.
I've mixed a song from the same artist in the past and I remember having lots of fun doing it. I was actually considering this one and probably will after I finish the one I'm doing right now.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.