Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coq in the machine - voelund (Including mix notes - put on your glasses)
Nice work Niels!!! love your sound...
Thank you Sergio - many ways to mix this one - and make it sound good but diffrent Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hello Niels,

as always I'm very impressed by the cleaning\depth of each track, resulting in a harmonious and powerful clarity of the Mix.
My congratulations.

I have made my version of "Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright" and I am very interesting in your opinion, specially regarding my usual problem of "hit too much the Limiter" : I have tried all my best to solve\reduce this problem and, perhaps, this is a (little) step forward.
I thank you in advance for your valuable advice.
Marco
Good work, Niels!! I'm downloading your notes right away!!! I'm sure that they will come in handy!! thanks!!!
mixing since April 2013
(06-11-2013, 06:43 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Good work, Niels!! I'm downloading your notes right away!!! I'm sure that they will come in handy!! thanks!!!

Thank you Juan, I hope your eyes are better than mine. Bein the first mix notes Ive written I realise its very small print. Theres a first time for evrything ...

Cant wait to hear your mix Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(06-11-2013, 04:04 PM)blackbaron1 Wrote: Hello Niels,

as always I'm very impressed by the cleaning\depth of each track, resulting in a harmonious and powerful clarity of the Mix.
My congratulations.

I have made my version of "Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright" and I am very interesting in your opinion, specially regarding my usual problem of "hit too much the Limiter" : I have tried all my best to solve\reduce this problem and, perhaps, this is a (little) step forward.
I thank you in advance for your valuable advice.
Marco

Big words and Im glad you said so ! Thank you !
Ive commented on your mix and I think you have started a learnin proces involvn 2 very precise and unique instruments:

Your ears Big Grin

As disappointin as it can be all the electronic devices in the world cant beat 2 trained ears in decidin how much or little of this and that should be in a mix. For the masterin thing and hittin limiter 2 hard 2 other precise instruments can be used: your eyes just look at the waveform of the mix. (or the master output. If it static at max all the time youre probably limitin too hard Big Grin
(06-11-2013, 02:18 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Nice work Niels!!! love your sound...

Thank you Sergio. As Ive allrady said your mix of this is very very good.
Thats fantastic isnt it, how many difrent ways there is to mix a song.
And even if I made other choices in my mix I enjoy very much listnin your version.
I guess they call it respect Big Grin

(06-11-2013, 06:57 AM)thedon Wrote: lovely sounding mix !

Thank you Don - I dont remember if you mixed this one, but it was great fun havin a diffrent approach than I usually have - makin the close mics fit the room mics. I think it worked for this one. I can recommend the experience Big Grin
(05-11-2013, 10:49 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds very good to me. I didn't find anything to tweak.
I think was a good idea to use that stage mic.

Thank you !
Was actually you who brought my attention to this, and the stage mic. Didnt you use that a lot in your excellent mix as well ? I used your mix for inspiration, hope you dont mind.

(07-11-2013, 05:54 PM)Voelund Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 02:18 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Nice work Niels!!! love your sound...

Thank you Sergio. As Ive allrady said your mix of this is very very good.
Thats fantastic isnt it, how many difrent ways there is to mix a song.
And even if I made other choices in my mix I enjoy very much listnin your version.
I guess they call it respect Big Grin

totally agree with you, you know I respect you and your work is very good.
Greetings friend!