Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coq in the machine - voelund (Including mix notes - put on your glasses)
Voelund this mix is like others yours, I mean very good Smile
(07-11-2013, 06:00 PM)Voelund Wrote: Thank you !
Was actually you who brought my attention to this, and the stage mic. Didnt you use that a lot in your excellent mix as well ? I used your mix for inspiration, hope you dont mind.

I remember that I experminted a lot with that stage mic: delays, reverbs, eq tricks, compression. But I don't remember any more how I used it in the mix I sent here. It's quite a long time ago. After certain age three months is at the same both "just yesterday" and "eternity ago"
(13-11-2013, 06:27 PM)Olli H Wrote: It's always a good idea to not to dwell too long with one song. On the other hand, I have a bad habbit of processing several songs at the same time. I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

It is, it keep your perspective open and your ears fresh, and if it feels right do it. I do Big Grin

[/quote]

I remember that I experminted a lot with that stage mic: delays, reverbs, eq tricks, compression. But I don't remember any more how I used it in the mix I sent here. It's quite a long time ago. After certain age three months is at the same both "just yesterday" and "eternity ago"

[/quote]

Thats one reason and a good one for makin mix notes :-)
Which Ive only done once myself, but a great idea i think
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Just today I was thinking about your notes and how helpful they might be in the future to remember techniques and how problems were solved. I think I'm going to start that too!! unfortunately my memory doesn't serve me as well as before... you know... age! Tongue
mixing since April 2013
The funny thing is takin breaks writin the notes force you to be more conscious about your choices and define them. If its a good thing or not depends on your mixin style of course. I am in the habit of tryin 100 difrent settings not knowing which one sounds the best. This forced me to make decisions faster and I think for me its a good workflow and I want to try it again.

Age - oh tell me about it, 51th birthday comin up soon Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I will sing you an unmixed happy birthday song Big Grin
mixing since April 2013
Very nice sounding! Great job!
The rimshot might be too loud...
Glad you like it.
As you can read in the mixnotes I thought about sendin the snare mic through verb and mute clean signal. Your comment suggests I should have listened more to that thought ...
If I revisit the mix I will try that out. Thank you
(24-07-2014, 02:31 PM)Voelund Wrote: Glad you like it.
As you can read in the mixnotes I thought about sendin the snare mic through verb and mute clean signal. Your comment suggests I should have listened more to that thought ...
If I revisit the mix I will try that out. Thank you

I've also tried to mix the song. It was really not so easy. My version sounds quite different than yours. I hope you like it.