Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coq in the machine - voelund (Including mix notes - put on your glasses)
Great song to mix, just my computer werent too happy with the 88,2 khz files, but we made it.
I wanna thank Olli for pointin my eyes to the fine song, I tried to watch the video of the guy mixin it on stage but I must admit i couldnt watch more than one, gave a couple o ideas though.
I wanted to make a good description of how I choose to handle this and I will enclose a pdf for anyone who wanna read my mixin notes.

Great song, great room tracks, i choose to make them the boss and placed evrything where it semed to make sense to them.

Of course I made mistakes and I look forward to be pointed in good directions by you - take a listen and a read, and dont forget the hotdogs Big Grin

.mp3    Coq in the machne 01a lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.83 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Had to cut the file in 2. If you wanna do the same this site doesnt accept .pdf uploads over 2MB.

Happy reading Big Grin

.pdf    Mixers notes 1.pdf --  (Download: 1.9 MB)

.pdf    Mixers notes 2.pdf --  (Download: 1.42 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hi Voelund,

a great, natural sounding mix. I think you could have cut the applause at the end (now that is criticising, isn't it Big Grin ), but that's about it.

I only skimmed over your mix notes, but it is a great idea. I might borrow that for future mixes.

Cheers
Artbass
Thank you - I will charge you later for the idea m8 Big Grin
(05-11-2013, 07:10 PM)Voelund Wrote: Great song to mix, just my computer werent too happy with the 88,2 khz files, but we made it.
I wanna thank Olli for pointin my eyes to the fine song, I tried to watch the video of the guy mixin it on stage but I must admit i couldnt watch more than one, gave a couple o ideas though.
I wanted to make a good description of how I choose to handle this and I will enclose a pdf for anyone who wanna read my mixin notes.

Great song, great room tracks, i choose to make them the boss and placed evrything where it semed to make sense to them.

Of course I made mistakes and I look forward to be pointed in good directions by you - take a listen and a read, and dont forget the hotdogs Big Grin

Niels, as you did to download the audio???

Hi Sergio.
Go to this page, http://www.puremix.net/video/gearfest-20...-drum.html
create an account.
Then click orange link to the right " download files.

Worked for me Big Grin
(05-11-2013, 08:02 PM)Voelund Wrote: Hi Sergio.
Go to this page, http://www.puremix.net/video/gearfest-20...-drum.html
create an account.
Then click orange link to the right " download files.

Worked for me Big Grin

thx
Sounds very good to me. I didn't find anything to tweak.
I think was a good idea to use that stage mic.
Thank you Olli.

You saying so is valuable. Thanks
lovely sounding mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts