Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alejo Granados-Rumba Chonta - Jacques Mix
Hi!
Had a nice time mixing this song...don't know maybe some EQ could be done better...let me know Wink All best

.mp3    Alejo Granados-Rumba Chonta r1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

Dear Jaques, the mixture of "rumba chonta" I like a lot, but would try to give it a final mix eq, to "clarify" a little. Here I leave a suggestion in the following picture.
Greetings from Argentina
Sergio

Thumbnail(s)

(05-11-2013, 01:28 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Dear Jaques, the mixture of "rumba chonta" I like a lot, but would try to give it a final mix eq, to "clarify" a little. Here I leave a suggestion in the following picture.
Greetings from Argentina
Sergio

Thanks Fly!!!
Is really true when your ear think that some EQ is missing trust them..lol...
I made the final EQ you suggest me and it really help, I would like to go in the mix instead to go on my 2-bus to EQ but anyway sound better now!!! Also it let me understand that I can boost more on those bands in my semi-treated room thanks again Wink
All best

.mp3    Alejo Granados-Rumba Chonta r2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

Hi Jacques,

that guitar, as hidden as it is, sounds great! I love it. The mix contains a lot of energy, but I think the EQ-boost in your second mix is a bit too much.

Anyway, good job!

Cheers
Artbass
(05-11-2013, 04:39 PM)Jacques Wrote:
(05-11-2013, 01:28 PM)flyrecords Wrote: Dear Jaques, the mixture of "rumba chonta" I like a lot, but would try to give it a final mix eq, to "clarify" a little. Here I leave a suggestion in the following picture.
Greetings from Argentina
Sergio

Thanks Fly!!!
Is really true when your ear think that some EQ is missing trust them..lol...
I made the final EQ you suggest me and it really help, I would like to go in the mix instead to go on my 2-bus to EQ but anyway sound better now!!! Also it let me understand that I can boost more on those bands in my semi-treated room thanks again Wink
All best

In all, about what you can help with Latin rhythms, give me a hand!
I'm here to serve!

Sergio
I have not tried to mix this style yet and it sounding lovely Big Grin!

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi!
Made some new tweek correction on EQ...I went inside the mix, I think is better then go in the 2-bus. I think now is done Big Grin
For any question about my mix don't hesitate... I like share knowledge Wink
Thanks again Fly, Artbass, Don for your suggestions and thought Smile
All best

.mp3    Alejo Granados-Rumba Chonta r3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.8 MB)

(06-11-2013, 10:19 AM)thedon Wrote: I have not tried to mix this style yet and it sounding lovely Big Grin!

Cheers Wink
nice now!!! cheers!!
Great job.

As we've been talking about panning, am I right in hearing that you let the marimba cover the whole stereo field? For me that would be a rather odd choice.

It does work though, so nothing to complain.