Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Rebuild the Evil - Burial of Silence multitrack
Heyo. This multi-track was so much fun and it gives of alot of Gojira and Lamb of God vibes.

The kit was really fun to do this time around and i blended the samples with the kit to get a more fuller vibe. Also the toms where a b*tch to seperate from the kit but i managed to do it by editing the waveforms to get rid of kit bleed and using a fast, heavy gate.

I̶m̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶a̶d̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶k̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶

For some odd reason, the 4th guitar track was about 2-3db louder than the 3rd guitar track, and it took me a while to notice and correct it. I used the original guitars sound.

And as always with this genre, the vocals need a metric crap ton of automation to for the volume to sound consistent throughout the song.

Hope you enjoy.

Edit: So i might as well scrap the first two versions since i completely redid everything on monitors for version 3. Everything sits better, is more coherent, and just flat out has some balls to it. It's crazy what some proper compression can do for the drums. I beefed up the original drum snare and kick recordings before incorporating the samples and it just hits so hard now. I also used multi-band compressors extensively, and they're pretty much doing all the heavy lifting on the EQ side of things. I used them for the Overheads, Bass and Guitars. Also i kicked out that new technique i was doing with the bass and now it isn't so goddamn flubby. Also lowered the vocals in the mix and fixed the automation so the audio isnt all over the bloody place. Also also, made the Sub Drop/Explosion Sfx more boomy so they stand out from the Bass and Overheads. Anyway hope you enjoy the GOOD version.

Listen to Ver. 3 first.

P.S. I mixed this mainly on a pair of Audio Technica M50x. Version 3 was mixed entirely on a pair of KRK V8s

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence Ver. 2 (Mastered + MP3).mp3 --  (Download: 3.55 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence (Mastered + MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.55 MB)

.mp3    Rebuild The Evil - Burial Of Silence Ver. 3 (Mastered + Mp3).mp3 --  (Download: 3.54 MB)

Avid user of Audio Technica M50x