Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outa Control
Hi!

My mix!

Just idea.

Thanks for listening. Big Grin

.mp3    Fytakyte Outa Control mik123.mp3 --  (Download: 8.78 MB)

Hi, overall this sounds very nice. You nailed the guitars and the drums, it grooves. But I think the vocals and the bass could be better.

The clipping vocals can work when the saturated guitars are there, otherwise it doesn't work and clash with the clarity of the mix. Their inconsistancy is also a problem, sometimes it doesn't clip, sometimes it clips a lot, quite randomly. Part from the clipping issue the vocals sound nice

I hear there's a ringing tone in the low ends of the mix, it seems to be on the kick drum. Cut that with eq to gain clarity

The bass is a bit low sometimes, I don't know if a volume automation will do, or side chain compression, or an eq change. It's ok on the first slide, then too low once the drums enter, then it's ok on the verse, except that it could have more lows, and then the guitars enter and eat up the bass's attack.

Maybe the snare drum lacks an oldschool bit of reverb on it, idk, it's fine. And there's obviously a problem with how the song ends, but I don't how to fix it.

Keep up the good work!
Hi Mik, Wow HUGE drums here! I really like the big sound you got. Guitars sound great too.

As mentioned above by Ansercanagicus, the bass is a little under-represented. The bass is a major instrumental hook in the song. You have a nice full sounding low end, but the bass needs a bit more presence in the mids to really drive that hook home.

The lead vocal is interesting. At present, it has too much fizziness in the high frequencies to be appealing to listen to. Perhaps you could experiment with filtering off the very high distorted frequencies, and maybe blending more of the clean signal in parallel.

Cool ideas!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases