Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immaculate - voelund
Very cool song, and written in 4 hours as well as recorded and a warm up of the 2 other songs in library from the artist.
Respect !
No matter the guys voice makes that little croak in the last long held note, but it sunds great.

Listened all the difrent mic choices and choose the ones I liked together, few phase nudge instances applied and nudged.
I eq´d and compressed a bit, tried to keep it dynamic, deliberately made the voice low level, listener has got to do just that - listen.
Made compression and eq automation for guitars where they play 16th notes in the end, suddenly got much louder and brighter there.
Voices automated levels and each run through automated 1176 UA plugin,vox bus also havin LA2A compressin very soft (and automated too)

Piano in solo are cut up so it plays long notes on 1 and a few extra notes, I felt it were nice with a rhythmic change there.
I moved a coule o things where the band play together the bang note the song starts with, some were a tiny bit late. To my ears that made a diffrence.

Ran bas thrugh airwindows mudslide plugin and blended to taste.
Choose an IR from a dutch church and tuned it so I liked it and made that the drum room.
Another EMT 250 very short and tuned bright added to voices and piano
An instance of UA dreaverb made the basic verb, tuned to 1.6 sec verb and eq´d before and after.
A tapdelay added to guitar solo
male vox has an instance of 175ms slap delay, i kinda like that on a voice
Vox and guitars had a taste o chorus from airwindows chorus2

Masterin it I remembered a story of a guy in danish national radio sittin in the control room when they recorded some symphony and the orchestra played very low, so he turned the fader (only one fader at the time, lng ago ... ) up - then they playd louder and he turned it down, resulting in an early excample of the loudnes war Big Grin

I didnt wanna do that, so I set the limiter after last part o the song, thus preventing that very important bit to be squeezed.

Very excited to hear if you like what I got out of the fine tracks.

.mp3    Immaculate 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.84 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I think it's perfect!! I love it!!
mixing since April 2013
Glad you like it Juan Big Grin Thank you !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I agree. Sounds great Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Great job Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

SOunds good
Thx for the listen and the positive comments Big Grin
I really enjoyed listening to your mix - it has a very nice smooth balance throughout. I felt slightly disorientated during the first 5s of the guitar solo - cant put my finger on it precisely but maybe some verb or delay tail is clashing/combining.

really nice job