Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Roar'
Diesel13: 'Roar'

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 6.41 MB)

Sounds really good. I like the vocal slap back. It feels appropriate and it's subtle. There really isn't anything to critique. If I had to come up with something is that I wish it were a little more dynamic. It's relatively flat but that's the arrangement, not the mix. It's that 'flat tire' rhythm that gets hypnotic and it'd be nice if there was some extra element in the chorus to lift it. Again, that's just my complaint with the song and not the mix.
Good job
(02-10-2019, 01:40 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds really good. I like the vocal slap back. It feels appropriate and it's subtle. There really isn't anything to critique. If I had to come up with something is that I wish it were a little more dynamic. It's relatively flat but that's the arrangement, not the mix. It's that 'flat tire' rhythm that gets hypnotic and it'd be nice if there was some extra element in the chorus to lift it. Again, that's just my complaint with the song and not the mix.
Good job

Thank you Roy. I appreciate your comments and I agree in terms of dynamics. Maybe a little bit of parallel compression tucked in when the chorus arrive may do the trick on the guitars and drums for a lift. Will try it latter. Take care