Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Roar' (critiques plz)
Hey guys,

here is my mix of this interesting song.

Please let me know what you think of my mix.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    Diesel13_Roar_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.45 MB)

I like it. The bass may have some low mid mud that gets in the way of the kick/tom/stomp. I like the smaller, more natural sound of the mix. The only thing that really jumps out at me is the vocal feels a little 'shy'. I think it could be a bit more forward. I'm not sure if it's a volume issue or eq. I just think it could be more in focus and in front of everything, without being overwhelming. Other than that it feels good.
A good mix and I like it!
As you where talking about the bass in the comment before: since every low end instrument is playing in the same beat not even a "Pluck a Duck" will help.
If I get a nice bass sound - I rather let go of the kick a little, since it would not change the beat of this song.
But I have not mixed it myself, so I should not talk as loud(?) but I give it a go.

You even did a decent job of the Banjo. ( because it has not been recorded well, or played well, ... or both)
Which brings me to the ending: Creative,..... but It could be execute in a more pleasing way. Since it is rather difficult to describe what I mean by that, and a sound can say more then 7 pictures, maybe you get a chance and listen to the ending of Don't stop me now by Queen ( Kinda , somehow, a little like it, in that direction ... is what I mean)

Anyways, was a pleasure to listen to your mix