Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outa Control (BCS Mix)
Fytakyte back at it again with a huge amount of tracks to work on!Big Grin I kinda rush it out a little on this one, but as of now this is what I've come up with. Again, not my usual style, and I edit/mix/master-ed this in just one 5-6 hr long session (way longer than usual, Confused!) and my ear's shot, so there's that. Please comment your thoughts I'd definitely be looking forward to work more on this song. I'm not giving on it yet, it's just not everyday I gotta be this early to post my mix, lol!

DAY 2 UPDATE : Check out Mix 4! I put in a lot more details in automation & address the feedback and tighten up the master.

(Possibly) FINAL UPDATE (Mix 6) : I felt the previous mixes were a bit harsh, so I tamed the hi-freq a bit. Sorry for 'ruining' the guitar sound, guys. As I mentioned, I'm not really used to this style of rock so the tone provided just sounds weird to me and I tried to bring into a familiar tone (to me) with TS808s. Lesson learned, never go too far gone, lol.Big Grin

.m4a    Outa Control (BCS Mix).m4a --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

.m4a    Outa Control (BCS Mix 6).m4a --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

.m4a    Outa Control (BCS Mix 4).m4a --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

Nice - I dig the BIG drums! Vocals are perfectly placed - very compressed, but that seems to to suit the track.

The only thing that's really not to my taste is the guitar tone - it seems like it is very filtered and nasally sounding. It kind of works for the track, though.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(29-09-2019, 03:17 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: The only thing that's really not to my taste is the guitar tone - it seems like it is very filtered and nasally sounding. It kind of works for the track, though.
After a nice, good sleep to rest my ears, I'm back and yeah I wholeheartly agree with ya. It's probably because I add some tube screamers to the rhythm guitars, so I had to attenuate the 'tube-y' mids and went too far because of ear fatigue. I'll see what I can do to fix them.
Yeah. I like everything except the guitars. I've found on this song they don't generally need much done to them (though I still did anyway). I think this mix without the filtering and processing on the guitars and it would be pretty awesome.
(30-09-2019, 01:34 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I've found on this song they don't generally need much done to them (though I still did anyway). I think this mix without the filtering and processing on the guitars and it would be pretty awesome.
Sorry for ruining it for you, man. As I mentioned, I'm not really used to this style of rock so the tone provided just sounds weird to me and I tried to bring into a familiar tone (to me) with TS808s. It's too far gone now and I can't go back. Lesson learnedBig Grin
(30-09-2019, 02:48 PM)bcs_mix Wrote:
(30-09-2019, 01:34 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I've found on this song they don't generally need much done to them (though I still did anyway). I think this mix without the filtering and processing on the guitars and it would be pretty awesome.
Sorry for ruining it for you, man. As I mentioned, I'm not really used to this style of rock so the tone provided just sounds weird to me and I tried to bring into a familiar tone (to me) with TS808s. It's too far gone now and I can't go back. Lesson learnedBig Grin

I forgive you.
(BCS Mix 4) Of course, how many people - so many opinions. For my taste, something is wrong with the guitars. At least, if I'd heard that sound in the store, I'd never have bought it. It would be nice to smother the echo - it's like from the school gym. We need to do something about this. ))
Alexander