Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 2.17 Average
Roar - roym Mix
17-11-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: Roar - roym Mix
(17-11-2019 12:55 PM)L.Mix Wrote:  Interesting latest mix. Not sure whether you are experimenting with the Stereo field, or the Delay on the vox... Smile
For me the delay is a bit distracting but otherwise it sounds good to me.

Thanks for listening. I think I was just trying out a new mix template, some vocal tones and overall 'weight'. There is some stereo widening on the BgVs though.

Yeah, the delay was a bit of a last minute afterthought. During a break from mixing I watched a video about someone's various analog delays and I wanted to try some stuff. In this case it's 2 delays in a series with their own tones to add up to a longer delay time. I guess I became enamored with something new. I always ruin a mix at the last minute.

It is distracting, I'll agree. This song is tough because there's so much space between lines and has such a groove that it needs 'something' but it's so organic that most effects feel wrong.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
Don't mix for other mixers.
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2019, 11:34 PM
Hey Roy!

I think the second mix is my favorite of them! There's a clarity that is really nice about it!

Maybe the vox fx during the verse is a bit much. but I like your tones!

Maybe the bass is too subby, and you low end feels wide across the whole mix. I don't think i dislike that the low end is wide, but a touch less sub area would help a bit. Maybe it's the stomp? Or the way the two of them work together?

Overall i think v2 sounds really nice!

Really good work!

Draper
04-12-2019, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2019 11:54 PM by RoyM.)
(04-12-2019 11:34 PM)loweche6 Wrote:  Hey Roy!

I think the second mix is my favorite of them! There's a clarity that is really nice about it!

Maybe the vox fx during the verse is a bit much. but I like your tones!

Maybe the bass is too subby, and you low end feels wide across the whole mix. I don't think i dislike that the low end is wide, but a touch less sub area would help a bit. Maybe it's the stomp? Or the way the two of them work together?

Overall i think v2 sounds really nice!

<<quoting replies doesn't seem t work right now I don't know why>>
Really good work!

Thanks or listening and for your comments. On these earbuds It's hard to judge the low end.

Draper

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
Don't mix for other mixers.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: