Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roar
Great arrangement and vibe.

.mp3    Roar.mp3 --  (Download: 7.3 MB)

Sounds good to me. Tonally, it all works. I think the only thing mixing is an extra little bit of excitement in the vocal. Without getting gimmicky (because this isn't that type of song). But the vocal could be a little more...aggressive? Maybe some saturation or parallel compression. A slap echo could be appropriate. The chorus could feel bigger. It's such a straight driving rhythm that needs to be offset with some more dynamic interest. I like the reverb decay at the end. It just needs to fade out.
Thanks, Roy

There is parallel compression on everything I have a parallel for every Group, reverb and delay on Vocals, More saturation than you can shake a stick at + Tube distortion... always have a double vocal panned at R20 at 5db lower withought distortion so makes it more natural (or I put it on the double and crank it).

Glad you did not notice - subtle is best unless you want reverb and delay to be heard.

The reverb at the end is on the Indian chant Eventide Blackhole Preset "Biggest Reverb Ever@ or something like that. It really does go on forever ... I automated the mix bus volume down but ended up bouncing down without checking (or should I say noticed but said sod it)

Not a great lover of sidechained Reverb but did use it on the last upload "Drag me Down" (1st time ever did that) sort of worked.

(28-09-2019, 02:28 PM)Retchid Gretchin Wrote: Thanks, Roy

There is parallel compression on everything I have a parallel for every Group, reverb and delay on Vocals, More saturation than you can shake a stick at + Tube distortion... always have a double vocal panned at R20 at 5db lower withought distortion so makes it more natural (or I put it on the double and crank it).

Glad you did not notice - subtle is best unless you want reverb and delay to be heard.
Ha. To be fair I hadn't had my coffee yet. And I wasn't familiar wit the tracks yet to know what was added or not. That said, maybe things could be a little less subtle? Like I said, it's a good mix but just overall could use something more.

Quote:The reverb at the end is on the Indian chant Eventide Blackhole Preset "Biggest Reverb Ever@ or something like that. It really does go on forever ... I automated the mix bus volume down but ended up bouncing down without checking (or should I said noticed but said sod it)

Not a great lover of sidechained Reverb but did use it on the last upload "Drag me Down" (1st time ever did that) sort of worked.
I'm not really a fan of side chained anything m'self. Except as a backwards gating thing. But I can see it working on reverb.

understood

I did distort the vocal a lot but pulled it back a lot as it did not suit it. Maybe yours will or maybe have the same feeling but who knows until we try.

I left a very positive post on TAKKA360 last night and give him 5 stars .... he then posted saying he is leaving and not coming back .... he has since deleted that post dunno was it something I said ... Forums can be funny places. People take offence or think you are taking the mick .....personally always found this place quite pleasant.

All the best.

(28-09-2019, 03:01 PM)Retchid Gretchin Wrote: understood

I did distort the vocal a lot but pulled it back a lot as it did not suit it. Maybe yours will or maybe have the same feeling but who knows until we try.

I left a very positive post on TAKKA360 last night and give him 5 stars .... he then posted saying he is leaving and not coming back .... he has since deleted that post dunno was it something I said ... Forums can be funny places. People take offence or think you are taking the mick .....personally always found this place quite pleasant.

All the best.
We'll see. I'm starting to work in this one now.

As far as Takka, he does delete a lot of threads. I suspect he has some real world stuff going on. God knows I do. I try to be pleasant and constructive...for the most part. Ha.

Nice mix man,sounds good too me through cans,as for Takka 360 i read his comments earlier and i found it a little uncalled for,i remember him having a go at Mike Senior saying that he dont give feed back and he was going leave,in which i said its all about having fun and learning in the process,then he called me a troll! i think that he is trying too hard and needs too relax.
Reaper user
(28-09-2019, 05:41 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Nice mix man,sounds good too me through cans,as for Takka 360 i read his comments earlier and i found it a little uncalled for,i remember him having a go at Mike Senior saying that he dont give feed back and he was going leave,in which i said its all about having fun and learning in the process,then he called me a troll! i think that he is trying too hard and needs too relax.
I suspect the drink may play a part but who knows.
Hey,

I like this mix quite a bit. I just think the low-end is a bit bloated (maybe from low-end reverb or something?) and therefore the bass could translate better. The vocals are fine, but maybe could be a bit fuller?

Anyway, your mix nailed the tone and vibe of this song.

Cheers,
LukasAngel