Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges REDONE (BCS New 2019 Mix)
This song was the very first song I did on this site over a year ago when I first started mixing, and I'm back stronger than ever! Such a great song to come back to, and to see the progress and the change in style/workflow. Last tine I mixed this song in Garageband, and had almost no technical knowledge of stuff, but know I am fluent with Logic Pro X, and finally know exactly what I'm doing, lol. Spent a lot less time too, just around 4-5 hrs, and that's quite longer than my usual time because I keep getting distracted listening to such a good song and performance Big Grin Other than that, the new mix is a lot more detailed. Lots of automation on vocals, drums, and mixbus. This song also reminds me how important good quality source files are, as the old mix is still holding up fine to me, and I can't say that with lots of tracks I worked with a year ago. Goes to show that with great pre-mix stage, you just can't go wrong. By the way, feel free to dig up the forum to find my old mix also, if you want to see basically my progress here on this site. This song is very special to me, and I hope I deliver the feelings through this mix!

UPDATE : Took out a little harshness in 4k area. Should sound l less harsher, and more 'warm' and has a LITTLE bit more pronounced bass tone. Please listen to the Final Mix one.

.m4a    Burning Bridges REDO (BCS Mix 2).m4a --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

.m4a    Burning Bridges REDO (BCS Final Mix).m4a --  (Download: 8.69 MB)

Nice mix man! You did a really good job on the drums, sounds great!