Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore - voelund
(04-11-2013, 03:36 PM)Voelund Wrote:
(04-11-2013, 01:40 PM)Gerrit Wrote: I agree with "thedon" regarding the bass. Lowering it in that freq range should make it sit nicely in the mix.
Maybe the tambourine can come down just a bit.

Apart from that, it's a great mix. Especially like what you did with the piano parts.

Well done!

Thank you Gerrit ! I wonder did you listen the first version or the one in post 8 (
If the latter then I have some more work to do.
Appreciate your time and comments Big Grin

I am referring to the one in post 8.

I listened to track again on my monitors and then at home on some pc speakers and a 2.1 system.
Comparing the loudness of the bass on your track to the version on the bands EP album, I found that yours just sounds a bit too loud not necessarily EQ'd incorrect.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hope I could be of some help.

Regards
Gerrit
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Thank you !
I like the bas drivin the song as is, and you like the guitars. Neither is wrong, just diffrent.
I really enjooyd your mix of this one.
Thank you for explainin, makes perfect sense.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(04-11-2013, 04:21 PM)Voelund Wrote: Thank you !
I like the bas drivin the song as is, and you like the guitars. Neither is wrong, just diffrent.
I really enjooyd your mix of this one.
Thank you for explainin, makes perfect sense.

Yes!!! The bass is absolutely the core in this track, although I found it difficult to get it to sound right. (Not that I think I nailed it)
And yes, I do tend to amp up the guitars over the bass (or anything else) most of the time. But like you said, it's just different taste!

Cool. Thank you very much.
Really enjoyed mixing this one.
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
This mix is one of the better one's in this forum. I never realized how different my mix was to everyone else's. Like to keep in touch to see how both our progress is coming along
Your final mix sounds great here Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi,
I think this is a really good mix. I felt the vocal in the verse was much improved on the second mix and I really like what you did with the vocals in the chorus. The ending was quite nice too...
I like the mix quite a bit and the moving around of the piano parts. esp after that break in the 1st chorus. Makes it sit much better. I tend to mix a little less bass heavy but I did like where it sat.
Thank you for the kind words and takin s listen. Was a fun song to mix.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order