Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The So So Glos: 'Emergency' - Olli H
01-11-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: The So So Glos: 'Emergency' - Olli H
Those are not headphones. They are just big earmuffs. Bob uses them always when he comes to Finland during wintertime. Smile Or that image was taken during the recording of Bob's LP "Under the Red Sky", the greatness of which I have not discovered, yet. BTW, I have about 40 CDs of Bob Dylan (or my wife has them)

Here's a good article of Bob in studio.
http://www.emusician.com/folk/0802/recor...lan/139370

Not too many know that Bob Dylan won the "GRAMMY Award for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance in 2006"

Maybe I was myself the source of that legend, for in that article it says "Dylan dislikes headphones and won’t use a floor monitor". Maybe i picked up the legend from there. Age and memory don't go together…
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Oh - and you carry a knife, dont you Big Grin
I only have a couple LP´s, dont know his never stuff, heard on the radio he made a christmas cd ...
Love that Rolling thunder album "Hard rain, soo many guitars and soo dirty, and so great basplayin. And for some reason Ive aways favored the drum sound from Desire album and had that in mind when mixnin. Never reached it yet though :-).

More seriously: The tone of his voice makes it very easy to cut through anything in a mix, so whether you made the legend or not it could be true :-)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Great article ! Thank you for linkin, Im not alone in havin crazy ideas then Big Grin

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Great sounding mix Olli !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

29-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Very nice mix. Great sound on the OH!

Support my video work!
Advertisement: