Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The So So Glos: 'Emergency' - Olli H
31-10-2013, 03:02 PM
The So So Glos: 'Emergency' - Olli H
Last month I've done couple of punk mixes. And I begin to like this Genre that i've not listened at all previously.

I tried to make a "classical" punk sound to this. I had in my mind something like Clash.

.mp3   Emergency-by-The-So-So-Glos-Unofficial-Remix-by-Olli-H-2013-10-31.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 05:02 PM
RE: The So So Glos: 'Emergency' - Olli H
Very nice Smile

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
31-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I prepared this one yesterday but only finished namin tracks and colourcodin them.
Now I have somethin to steer by.
Good clean mix, very nice balanced, I like the dynamics you preserved.
I think you succeeded in gettin some brit punky sound out o this m8 :-)
Thanks for the listen !

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
31-10-2013, 06:21 PM
great mix, Olli! I'm working on this one but I haven't gotten the sound I was looking for which is, by the way, what you got!

mixing since April 2013
Visit this user's website
31-10-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 07:01 PM by Voelund.)
(31-10-2013 06:21 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote:  I haven't gotten the sound I was looking for which is, by the way, what you got!
Do I know that feeling ? YES Big Grin

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
31-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Thank you all, I'm glad if you liked it.

(31-10-2013 06:21 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote:  great mix, Olli! I'm working on this one but I haven't gotten the sound I was looking for which is, by the way, what you got!

I didn't have any special tricks. Just couple of cheap or free basic tools. So I'm sure you'll find the way to do your version. But if you have any problems, we all here are willing to help and share our tricks. That's the great thing of this forum!

Every now and then I feel it would be cool if we had a possibility to add images to these messages. It would be fun to see others solutions and plugin settings of problematic tracks.

BTW, off the topic, I just bought Mike's book. It seems to be excellent. I think everyone around here should buy it.
31-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I bought the book in March or April, right when I started mixing and it helped me a lot (and it still helps me nowadays!!)

mixing since April 2013
Visit this user's website
31-10-2013, 09:13 PM
I didnt buy the book yet, but you can attach pictures like you attach soundfiles, just click on "new reply" and the option is there. Its a fun track to mix this one :-) Strugglin with the "tiny guitar" and bv at mo. Lol They sang with monitor instead o headphones, a little bleed is an understatement :-)

31-10-2013, 10:51 PM
I've thought the "attachment" was only for music files. I might use that feature someday. Smile

Bob Dylan never uses headphones. At least according to legends...
31-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Dont believe evrything you hear or see Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: