Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Flyin - Feedback on loudness, low end balance?
Hi all, here's my attempt at this mix. I'm looking for feedback specifically on:

1) Low end balance. I've been struggling in the past especially to get the guitars nice and chunky without obfuscating the overall low end balance. So I've been mixing stuff that sounds like this but where I wanna go is here. Do you think I was able to achieve a sensible balance here, where everything feels satisfying yet controlled? If not, what would you suggest to change?

2) I've been mastering pretty loud (around -6.5 LUFS) on the big choruses for training purposes. I've had an album in this style commissioned earlier this year and wasn't confident to bring up the volume as much as the band wanted me to - I'm leaving out my personal opinion on purpose here, since at the end of the day, the client is king. Do you think I was able to achieve competetive loudness without destroying the mix or introducing obvious loudness artifacts?

I'd appreciate it a lot if you had a listen and could throw me some feedback. Cheers! Björn

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin\'.mp3 --  (Download: 11.2 MB)

Amateur audio enthusiast.
Twitter: @bjoernkmusic