Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Myles_Alone With You_Mixed by Jim
Hello !
This is my mix.
Please feel free to give any advice!

.mp3    Justin Myles_Alone With You_Remix by Jim.mp3 --  (Download: 17.4 MB)

(05-09-2019, 07:19 AM)Jim Wrote: Hello !
This is my mix.
Please feel free to give any advice!

Hi Jim

To my opinion, other may differ, this is what that can improve your mix:

1. Acoustic guitars - They could need more clarity. They are a bit woolly and sort of filling up much space on the far left and right. They are also to dominant to be backing instruments. This makes the sides sort of "heavy" and the center of the mix "lighter". If you compare them to your snare, they are nearby to my ears but the snare are fare away. Same with the solo guitar. This make the feeling of "the room" that they are playing in a bit strange. I would therefor lowered them a bit, especially if you get more clarity into them.
2. Bass - I'd like more foundation in the song, so the bass need a bit more volume and more body.
3. Kick - Be careful with the compressor so you don't kill the "hit" on the kick. Lacking the "hit" makes the kick lifeless.
4. Snare/drums - move it a bit closer to the listener - or this may also fall into place if you get the acoustic guitars right.

Hope this gives you some ideas to how to change it. You can also compare it to my mix if you like, to get a practical example on my comments(remember to turn up the volume - I'm not into the loudness war).

Happy mixing.

S Smile

Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface