Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Run, run, run' electricladyLAN mix
Here is yet another mix of this tune!

I have not done anything here that has not been done by anyone else, I just wanted to get a score on the board with this one.

I wanted to have a bash at some of the things that Mikes mix has. I think I got within a fair stones throw on the lead vocal, bringing out the upper formants with a presence boost.

As for the other things, the ultra-detailed ambience and reverb, I'm afraid that will have to wait.

As for the kick drum impact, well transient shape, compress and or EQ as I tried I just couldn't get anywhere near (will need to revisit the REAPER project and notes for the mix rescue...)

This does include some ampsim on the bass, including an ambient mic but I'm not sure it does anything much for the mix.

Would like feedback on the bass level. I also have a feeling it is probably overall too dark sounding. (Remeber to say what equipment you listened on)

This is not peak-limited, and will sound best in a quiet environment Wink

Hope you enjoy,
Hamish

plugin credits - ReaPlugs, VOS epic verb, Silverspike RoomMachine844.dll, cloneensemble BassChorusV23.dll, Voxengo boogex

.mp3    arise - run run run - ElectricladyLAN mix - UPLOAD v1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.71 MB)

Oooops, forgot about the pianoConfused

.mp3    arise - run run run - ElectricladyLAN mix - post upload ideas.mp3 --  (Download: 5.74 MB)