Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
Like You Do - RoyM mix
29-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Like You Do - RoyM mix
Here's my try at this one

Mix 1: TWD-LikeYouDo-RMMx01a
This is an admittedly lazy mix. I've tried this one before and never enjoyed the process but tried it again this morning and it came together a little easier this time. Which kind of worries and confuses me. Why did it fight me before and this time it went a lot smoother? The mental approach, I'm sure.

I don't think I did anything of note. The BGVs are fairly low in the mix. I don't think they were that solid and I didn't want to devote too much effort to them at this point. The lead vocal probably could do with some more automation.

Thoughts?

.mp3   TWD-LikeYouDo-RMMx01a.mp3 --  (Download: 11.25 MB)

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
A mix doesn't have to be good, it just hast to sound good.
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2019, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2019 03:57 PM by takka360.)
RE: Like You Do - RoyM mix
THe hardest part of doing this mix is cleaning up the bottom end and balancing the drums is not easy but you done a pretty good job here
The snare sounds a bit over processed,sort of plastic sample sounding

https://soundcloud.com/alan-mansfield-1
29-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Yeah, you're probably right about the snare. I just thought it wound up sounding cool, ha, but I knew it probably wasn't appropriate.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
02-09-2019, 09:22 AM
This doesn't sound that bad at all.
03-09-2019, 12:47 AM
Sound deep and cool mate, Good job.
03-09-2019, 01:02 AM
Hey Roy,

I think early on in the song, before the snare starts getting smacked, I think the tone is absolutely appropriate for that. Maybe just automate the snare during the part where the drummer is getting into it, or cut the snare track at the part where it switches, and move the second half to a different track. When I look at your soundscape, everything is clear and balanced and the picture is great, but I see the drummer playing a three foot deep snare, haha (exaggerating for a bit of emphasis). It's not even a bad sound, it just does seem a little out of place for the size of the track, of that makes sense. It's still a really nice listen as it is.

Nice work!
Draper
03-09-2019, 12:28 PM
(03-09-2019 12:47 AM)crownoise Wrote:  Sound deep and cool mate, Good job.

Thanks!

-
03-09-2019, 12:29 PM
(03-09-2019 01:02 AM)loweche6 Wrote:  Hey Roy,

I think early on in the song, before the snare starts getting smacked, I think the tone is absolutely appropriate for that. Maybe just automate the snare during the part where the drummer is getting into it, or cut the snare track at the part where it switches, and move the second half to a different track. When I look at your soundscape, everything is clear and balanced and the picture is great, but I see the drummer playing a three foot deep snare, haha (exaggerating for a bit of emphasis). It's not even a bad sound, it just does seem a little out of place for the size of the track, of that makes sense. It's still a really nice listen as it is.

Nice work!
Draper
Thanks. I appreciate it. Yeah, honestly I really wasn't into mixing this one and I happened upon the snare sound and I knew it wasn't appropriate but liked it and went with it anyway. Maybe I'll give this song another shot at some point.

-

Support my video work!
Advertisement: