Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Enough - Die Young
Hi,

Ok, my attempt at this one. Was hard work trying to get it to 'hit' as I wanted. Think I came somewhere close? Comments, etc, welcome as usual.

Thanks!

Edit: V2 Added (note: Probably the best version)
Edit: V3 Added
Edit: V4 Added

.mp3    The Great Enough - Die Young V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

.mp3    The Great Enough - Die Young.mp3 --  (Download: 6.99 MB)

.mp3    The Great Enough - Die Young - v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

.mp3    The Great Enough - Die Young V4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Mix 2:
Big toms for sure. I feel the track is to laid back or the guitar too forward. The location for the guitar on the left pulls the image too far to the left, I think.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks, appreciate the comments. Yeah, I'll revisit it and see what I can do.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi, have attached mix V3 to original post, thanks.
Yes. Good stuff.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(31-08-2019, 03:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Yes. Good stuff.

Thanks! - I was just adding V4 as you were posting that. I realised I had forgotten to address the low end 'boom' of the Toms that you pointed out.

I think I need to work a bit on the low end of my mixes.
Intro in V2 is way better, more impactful than in V4. Probably overtweaked. Cheers
V2 for me too mikej. Just love the extra width and openness of this compared to V4. There is also a nice element of depth that's missing in V4.
Very enjoyable and exciting mix to listen to. Well executed.
Many thanks for your thoughts and comments on the different versions. Yeah, good to get a few opinions. So it would seem V2 is the preferred mix of the bunch.

The main difference between V1 and V2 is in the mix bus processing. I felt V1 was over limited, and over processed, so removed some plugins and made some changes. I was really trying hard to go after AndyGallas mix which I think had an RMS around 6 or so, but backed off the limiter for V2. V3 has the same bus processing as V2, but I panned the guitar more towards the middle, and also increased the volume of that track called 'track'. Oh, looks like I boosted the sides on V2 by 0.7db and on V3 and V4 by 0.5db. Not sure I did anything else. V4 is the same as V3 but with some of the bottom end rolled off the toms.

Thanks again.
V4 sounds thiner, definitely missing some low end compared to V2.