Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get out of bed mix
Here is my mix of "Get out of bed". These drums are definitely better than most multitracks I've found online so they were easier to work with. I added a wide boost around 8k and a gated tone generator to the kick, it has a lot of bottom end but I wasn't sure if it was too much or just right. Only other thing was a few snare fills where there is so much hi-hat bleed that it basically sounds like a hi-hat, I simply replaced them with another of the same fill in a part without the hi-hat in attempt to get rid of that bleed while still keeping the sound of the drummer. I was kind of confused on the purpose of the "Kicksnare" track so I just got rid of it. I did a cool thing with the guitars using the miked amps to get a cleaner low mid sound blended with a heavy, scooped tone I got with the DI, plus one duplicate of a DI track with different effects and put in mono on top. I used a transient shaper on the gang vocals and tambourine to make them stand out more. The vocals gave me a little bit of trouble, I had the trade-off between not boosting the higher frequencies and it sounding muffled, or boosting them and it sounded too nasally, but I think I made it work. Let me know what you think and if there's anything I should change. Thanks

.mp3    Getoutofbed.mp3 --  (Download: 2.79 MB)