Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still flyin mix
Here is my mix of "Still flyin'". This was a little harder song to mix as there was not the best recorded kick, there were some guitar tracks that were strictly what is recorded and strictly DIs, plus figuring out which vocal tracks should sound what way. For the kick I simply had to use a gated tone generator to get enough bottom end. On the lead vocal tracks I used some just mastered normally with some delay, others with no delay, and some with a Linkin Park/Slipknot style lo-fi vocal (slightly saturated, high passed around 700 hz with a 850 hz boost) just to try and add a little bit of variety to it. I did a little more reverb on the snare than I normally would, I try to automate it to make sure the sustain stops from the last hit before the next hit starts but let me know if it is too much or if there's anything else I should change. Also I didn't mix it very loud so you might have to turn it up a little? Thanks for any feedback

Update: I changed a few things, added a little more bottom end, changed up some levels and added a saturated room track to bring out the cymbals hopefully bringing a little more high frequencies to the mix. I think it sounds better but let me know your opinion

.mp3    Still flyin.mp3 --  (Download: 4.26 MB)

.mp3    Still flyin mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.26 MB)