Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Wood Brothers Honey Jar
21-08-2019, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2019 07:57 AM by Tambo Man.)
The Wood Brothers Honey Jar
Heres my take on it. probably to much hi end. That's what 30 years of playing live does to ya.
Doing the mono thing just for the practice. been wanting to focus on it for a long time now.
hope to hear your thoughts

Added a less abrasive mix

.mp3   The Wood Brothers_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.06 MB)

.mp3   The Wood Brothers.mp3 --  (Download: 12.06 MB)

Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2019, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2019 11:37 AM by stevens304.)
RE: The Wood Brothers Honey Jar
Hi,

just having a listen on the go with headphones. I'm going to have a serious listen when I'm back in the studio. But yes, you're right. There's a certain harshness in the higher end of the midrange. Might get quite fatiguing quickly. Especially the guitars, snare and the shaker get pushed quite a bit in that area.

About the mono thing: There's nothing wrong with having a well balanced mix in mono Smile
But I can't really judge the clarity all that much now.

In the meantime you could have a listen to my version. I approached quite a bright mix, too.
21-08-2019, 06:31 PM
So I'm back in the studio. Yea, so what I said before I pretty much what I think. There's too much upper midrange. Other than that, I find the mix pretty nice. Drums sound good in itself. The depth is good. I think addressing the midrange would go a long way.
22-08-2019, 03:44 AM
Thanks for your input. Ill add a new mix later tonight. should be a bit easier on the ears.
listened to your mix which sounded very good! You had the hi end but wasn't offensive, nice and clear. Listening to different mixes of this song ive noticed a lot of them are very tame with the highs and to me makes it sound to laid back for my taste. On this song the extra high's help things sound ahead of the beat.

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: