Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Kyte but without the Troll.
"....my room is a disaster zone!". Spoken like a teenager Big Grin

MFiT Cool

.m4a    kyte-LifeInTheWay_s17-MONKED.m4a --  (Download: 11.18 MB)

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(19-08-2019, 04:02 PM)Eleven76 Wrote: Sorry, I guess I hit a nerve. To condense my critique there are some cool effects and interesting ideas but as a mix this doesn't really support the song. Just trying to be helpful to both you and the song.

Firstly, you are not qualified to say "....this doesn't really support the song". Only the artist is qualified, and only then when there's a detailed mix BRIEF. There isn't one! We are free to do what we wish, and to explore without constraints.

I have no problem with feedback that is objective in nature, but I do have issues with those who simply express subjective, personal opinions which are based only on taste and their own preferences, views and prejudices.

You are welcome to say how you feel personally, subjectively, but unless it comes with some useful objective based comments, you are wasting both our time. One person's meat is another's poison, so please be mindful of this next time when you are casting judgement.

Whether you think the mix elements support the song or not is irrelevant and unhelpful because THIS IS MY VISION and of course yours will differ and that's how it should be. But don't push your vision and how you think it should be mixed, onto me, or anyone else for that matter. OK?

We aren't here to discuss the merits of whether things work or not with the concept....or indeed whether the concept is applicable. To be honest, I have my own personal feelings about the song which I will choose to keep to myself on the pure understanding that nobody will benefit from my opinion in that regard. Taste is taste, and all you have done so far is express yours. Your tastes are meaningless to both me and the community as a whole.

When you post, I will take a listen and drop you some feedback out of respect of your own time here. The difference will be that my comments will be objective.

I recommend you google and understand the difference between subjective and objective critique, and inform yourself.

Meanwhile, I look forward to hearing your work with the utmost enthusiasm.
Take care.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix.

"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(19-08-2019, 04:02 PM)Eleven76 Wrote: Sorry, I guess I hit a nerve. To condense my critique there are some cool effects and interesting ideas but as a mix this doesn't really support the song. Just trying to be helpful to both you and the song.

In your original post 3 weeks ago, you said you were mixing this. I'm wondering why you haven't got round to posting it yet. Too busy? Got cold feet? Or was my Troll assessment correct?

You see, I'm looking forward to being educated, and no doubt other forum participants are too, on how to create a mix that supports an artist's song as you imply you know a lot about these things?

I'd also like the possibility of giving objective feedback while exercising some critical listening skills on someone's mix, especially one who presents themselves as being very competent and knowledgable.

How about it, Compressor?

Wow. Cool. Love the creativity on this and the execution as well. Fun and a great listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]