Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Sam Rawfers Mix
My mix of Triviul's 'To Sam Rawfers'.

.mp3    Triviul - To Sam Rawfers Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.09 MB)

Good overall balance here. Like that a lot. What intrigues me is the way you've created a reverb environment that's clearly audible, but not so audible to be distracting and which therefore adds a lot of church/catacomb-like spatial character without swamping the mix. My only balance issue would be that it feels like you're underplaying the big 'the seraphic glow' backing-vocal moment towards the end of the song, which is the harmonic high-point for me. Love the snare sound you've got here!

What's going on with the organ here? It sounds like you're adding noise or distortion or something. Not sure whether it works for me or not. On the one hand it does thicken the sound, but not enough to really give it real gravitas when it first arrives to my ear. And then the density of the sound is presumably making it a bit of a fight to bring out all the backing-vocal detail? To be honest, I think I'd concentrate on the 100-1kHz zone to bring that part out more.

Thanks for letting us here, this though -- a great effort which does the song proud in general!