Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Pills
My mix of Happy Pills

.mp3    Happy Pills.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Feels to bright in general. Ears hurts. Smile You stripped off too much of midrange, but the bass sounds pretty cool. I guess you were looking for more clarity and it came out to overbright.
Hi, Thanks for listening and your comments. yeah it is sitting a bit on the bright side, I have a tendency to over brighten my mixes sometimes. Note to Self : Reference, Reference, Reference Undecided
What's up sano.

I have to agree with the brightness. Especially in the vocals and the high hat. It also all feels like everything is trying to be the biggest thing in the mix at the same time, which keeps some things fighting. Maybe your sub on your kick could come down as well. I think a lot of the high end is coming from reverbs? I think once you tackle the brightness build up, it could be a much more powerful mix.

Good start!

Draper
(19-08-2019, 07:36 PM)sano Wrote: Hi, Thanks for listening and your comments. yeah it is sitting a bit on the bright side, I have a tendency to over brighten my mixes sometimes. Note to Self : Reference, Reference, Reference Undecided

You are not alone. I used to go for brigtness all the time, and this recording is actually on the dark side, so its very tempting to Eq Top End. From some time i just carefully touch top end cause i used to over do it. At the end you can always use some Eq if you feel some instrument needs some presence, brightness or if thw whole tonal balance feels right you can grab an EQ on master Buss, and sometime do wonders. Cheers.

Yeah the brightness is overbearing here. I think underneath all that brightness is a nice tight mix, especially the drums. I would also remove that additional fuzz on the guitars, it sounds very digital and harsh.