Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright: 'Contact'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

My mix.

Tom

.mp3    Contact_12M.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Tommy,
This has got your signature sound to it and it is well applied. Great imagery and the organ is sounding great. Kick and bass are melding beautifully. Horns are full and wide. Great dynamics and attention to detail. A miss for me is the vocal as it sounds honky at times. Also, the toms jump out with possibly too much attack and bottom, sounding a bit forced.

A very good listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(18-08-2019, 04:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Tommy,
This has got your signature sound to it and it is well applied. Great imagery and the organ is sounding great. Kick and bass are melding beautifully. Horns are full and wide. Great dynamics and attention to detail. A miss for me is the vocal as it sounds honky at times. Also, the toms jump out with possibly too much attack and bottom, sounding a bit forced.

A very good listen.

------------
Thanks very much for the props. And you are absolutely right about the vocals and the toms. The reason the vocal sounds like that is because I processed it in isotope rx6 to de-bleed it as much as possible. I wanted to do that so that I could pitch shift the vocal which it desperately needed. Unfortunately it left those weird artifacts. I could probably go back in and add some chorusing to the vocal and or some Dynamic EQ to correct those anomalies. And my choice of compression and EQ for the Tom's was a little off. I did put quite a lot of time into that mix though but I have to move on to other things rather than continue to mix this even further. Thanks again for the compliments.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek