Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright - Contact (Villa Decibel-mix)
My attempt to mix this very catchy song.
I really enjoyed working on this.

I am always open to positive criticism and sugestions.

Best regards,
Paul

the Netherlands

.mp3    Kat Wright - Contact.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

Paul,
Really good from the first tom hit. Intimate and well crafted. My issue is again with the horn break. When the horns should move front and center the guitar is more dominant. I feel the dynamics of the arrangement are lost because of that decision. Every instrument sounds great in your mix and I especially like your snare and bass guitar treatments. I would suggest working on the dynamics from the horn break forward though. Otherwise, very well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi there really nice and warm mix well done, just watch those guitar strums.
Reaper user
Thanks for your reply.

Honestly I miss some experience mixing (and listening!) brass instruments
, but I will listen to the possibilities again.

Thanks,
Paul

(14-08-2019, 02:52 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Paul,
Really good from the first tom hit. Intimate and well crafted. My issue is again with the horn break. When the horns should move front and center the guitar is more dominant. I feel the dynamics of the arrangement are lost because of that decision. Every instrument sounds great in your mix and I especially like your snare and bass guitar treatments. I would suggest working on the dynamics from the horn break forward though. Otherwise, very well done.

My pitfall as guitarist...

Thanks for your reply!
Paul

(14-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi there really nice and warm mix well done, just watch those guitar strums.

I really like the mix. I just think the vocal feels a bit timid and in the back. I wish it were more up front, though I know with all the leakage on her mic it's easier said than done.