Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Matt's Heart of my hometown
I just listened to V2. I'm not a fan of the snare verb. Is it the same verb overall? I'm not sure but it definite stands out on the snare. It's a bit distracting. It doesn't feel like a drug in an environment but more like the snare is triggering the reverb and it adds another element to the mix as opposed to supporting it. If that makes sense. I think overall the main instruments feel somewhat indistinct. The cymbals feel washy I'm wondering if reverb is playing a part in that.
The vocal could use a cut in the lower mids. During the verse it feels boxy. During the chorus, when he pushed, his voice opens up and the boxy quality isn't as apparent. The intro vocal feels pretty good. He feels relatively quiet in the chorus. He could come up overall and help boost the dynamics of the chorus.
The bass works pretty well as far as I can judge at the moment on earbuds. I suspect it could come back a hair and open up some room but I'm just guessing. The kick has a nice bounce. Guitar and keys feel fine. Tonally top to bottom it's easy to listen to. There's nothing harsh or unpleasant.

Messages In This Thread
Matt's Heart of my hometown - by Thomas Mueller - 13-08-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Matt's Heart of my hometown - by takka360 - 15-08-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Matt's Heart of my hometown - by Roy - 15-08-2019, 01:59 PM
RE: Matt's Heart of my hometown - by Roy - 15-08-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: Matt's Heart of my hometown - by Tambo Man - 04-09-2019, 11:04 AM