Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SZLACHETKA - Heart Strings of My Home Town - Updated
(13-08-2019, 10:44 PM)Thomas Mueller Wrote: One could also interpret the beginning as the singer standing in the church of his old hometown lol.
Anyway, it's a nice son for using reverb even if you find my reverb to be too much, i wanted to use it to give the song some "old school" vibe (like 80s rock), but yeah, seemed to be no good choice either i guess. And I may have seid this a bit drastic when I said your mixes sound "harsh" at the top end, it's just a bit more than I'm used to which leads to harsh sibilance and guitar sounds at some points (especially when listening through horn speakers), you could counterargument that my mixes have too dim highs so whatever. Obviously I can't comment on your hearing quality.

You are right in that I hi-passed the piss out of, and added a ton of top end to the guitars and they still sounded too thick for my liking. I will need to shed on them some and try to find an environment in which they find a better home. Right now, that is a home I am unfamiliar with. It will assuredly change the character of my mix when I can find that abode.

I do think your horn based monitors may be a contributor to the high end balances we find in each other's mixes. I will keep that in mind when listening in the future.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SZLACHETKA - Heart Strings of My Home Town - by Mixinthecloud - 13-08-2019, 11:30 PM