Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SZLACHETKA - Heart Strings of My Home Town - Updated
(13-08-2019, 09:33 PM)Thomas Mueller Wrote:
(13-08-2019, 02:50 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Pulled on some heart strings, this one did. . .

Challenges where first, aligning the drum tracks and then figuring out the approach to the arrangement based upon the kick, bass and guitar in the genre. The guitar took a lot of work to get close and I'm not sure I'm happy with it yet. The kick and bass found their home when I tried not to force them into what they weren't. With that and some filtering on the environment/OH tracks I think the drums came together well. There is some phasing though from the BGVs, I think.

The keys and vocals were pretty straight forward so no real struggles there, however there are some serious pluffs on the lead vocal mic.

I took some liberties with the opening because of the disparity between the guitar riff level and the vocal in context to the body of the song. I like how that turned out. It lead, I followed.

I hope there is something to discuss in my approach. As always, I look forward to your input and comments.

Your friend,
mITc

The organ is a bit too bright in the chorus, would keep it down a little. The strong vocal reverb in the beginning is also distracting. Good guitar & drum sound. Your mixes are always a bit harsh in the top end.

The opening vocal is REVERB only. I was attempting to set the tone of remembrance of an old home town; a hearkening... Obviously I failed.

That is the first time I've heard someone say my top end is harsh, let alone always harsh. I wonder if it is my old ears.

Thanks for the listen and your comments.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SZLACHETKA - Heart Strings of My Home Town - by Mixinthecloud - 13-08-2019, 10:07 PM