Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Kat Wright Contact final mix UPDATED
(13-08-2019, 03:10 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Yes. Great stuff. Really draws you in. You found some interesting content in the horns in places too. I still think the horn break could come up. The horns sound really good and I really want them taking me away during the break. Hold the guitar to build through the ending with the horns.
OK Mtc I think you have talked me into doing one more mix,at work at the moment but will do a update later Big Grin thanks once again.
Reaper user
Ok Mtc i did a updated mix in which i did more automation to get the brass and guitars to build up more Smile.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe. I checked out the 'Final' mix. Sounds really good. I have some minor nitpicks but nothing worth noting. There's an overall tone that I like about this mix that I can't put my finger on. I'm not sure if it's an overall hint of saturation or specific eq or a touch of nutmeg but I like it.

(Also, I'm usually not one to g.a.f. about "stars" at all but none of these are one-star mixes)
(14-08-2019, 04:52 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Hey Cudjoe. I checked out the 'Final' mix. Sounds really good. I have some minor nitpicks but nothing worth noting. There's an overall tone that I like about this mix that I can't put my finger on. I'm not sure if it's an overall hint of saturation or specific eq or a touch of nutmeg but I like it.

(Also, I'm usually not one to g.a.f. about "stars" at all but none of these are one-star mixes)
Its a touch of spicey sauceBig Grin lol glad you like it Roy,would like to know the nitpicks though!
Reaper user
(14-08-2019, 07:41 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(14-08-2019, 04:52 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Hey Cudjoe. I checked out the 'Final' mix. Sounds really good. I have some minor nitpicks but nothing worth noting. There's an overall tone that I like about this mix that I can't put my finger on. I'm not sure if it's an overall hint of saturation or specific eq or a touch of nutmeg but I like it.

Its a touch of spicey sauceBig Grin lol glad you like it Roy,would like to know the nitpicks though!

Honestly, I re-listend (not a word) and I'm not sure what my nitpicks were now. I think maybe some peaks on the vocal (some notes just stab out. I think it's both the dynamic mic (I think) and mic technique) and maybe wanting more space on the horns. Everything feels kinda in your face and I think I want the horns to be 'forte' and dynamic (two different concepts, I know) but also a step behind the vocal. I want to feel like the horns excite a space and that to dictate the volume and force of the horns. It that makes sense. I might be over thinking it.

(14-08-2019, 07:50 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:

Honestly, I re-listend (not a word) and I'm not sure what my nitpicks were now. I think maybe some peaks on the vocal (some notes just stab out. I think it's both the dynamic mic (I think) and mic technique) and maybe wanting more space on the horns. Everything feels kinda in your face and I think I want the horns to be 'forte' and dynamic (two different concepts, I know) but also a step behind the vocal. I want to feel like the horns excite a space and that to dictate the volume and force of the horns. It that makes sense. I might be over thinking it.
Hi Roy I can see what you are trying to say,the truth is that I like my mixes upfront and in your face,is guess it's down to preference too,thanks once again for your good comments.
Reaper user
(15-08-2019, 12:14 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:

Hi Roy I can see what you are trying to say,the truth is that I like my mixes upfront and in your face,is guess it's down to preference too,thanks once again for your good comments.
Fair enough.

I also just realized I wrote that before falling asleep and it's really poorly worded and full of typos. I suppose I could fix it but I'm lazy. The general idea comes across.

(15-08-2019, 02:01 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:
(15-08-2019, 12:14 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:

Fair enough.

I also just realized I wrote that before falling asleep and it's really poorly worded and full of typos. I suppose I could fix it but I'm lazy. The general idea comes across.
No problem man Smile
Reaper user
Great energy on the final. Maybe too much saturation of the kit, but still a very good final product. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
This'll seem a little "late in the game", but can someone just tell me what the proper bpm/tempo is, please? Tunebat website has it listed as 108 bpm, but that doesn't line up... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks! -PGB-